CSEPP’s training programs are customized to each of our client’s needs while sharing many core components of our model. This page presents the training agenda implemented during a training for right-of-way professionals in Caro, Michigan and can serve as a reference as you consider working with CSEPP to design a training to meet your organization’s needs.
- Use your observation skills in a community setting.
- Understand the influence of informal networks and learn how to interact with these networks to create opportunities for engagement.
- Learn how human geography affects the community and therefore your project.
- Recognize how to identify gathering places and why they are critical to project success.
- Become acquainted with informal network characters, such as natural communicators, in order to develop effective communication methods.
- Be able to identify citizen issues and address them in project design and implementation.
- Learn how to develop issue management strategies for aligning company and community interests in order to reduce social risk for your project.
The People Factor:”How to Manage Issues before They Manage You”
August 7 – 8, 2014 | Caro, Michigan
Day One: Thursday, August 7, 2014
|8:00 a.m.||Orientation and Introductions|
|9:00 a.m.||How to Describe a Community|
|10:00 a.m.||Preparation for Fieldwork|
|11:00 a.m.||Community Fieldwork Exercise (includes lunch in a gathering place)|
|2:00 p.m.||Reflections from Field Exercise|
|4:30 p.m.||Lessons Learned and Closing|
Day Two: Friday, August 8, 2014
|8:00 a.m.||Overview of the day|
|8:45 a.m.||Applying Concepts of Social Ecology to Fieldwork Findings|
|11:30 a.m.||The Process of Issue Management|
|1:00 p.m.||Citizen Issues versus Community Themes|
|1:30 p.m.||Identify management concerns of relevant organizations|
|2:00 p.m.||Alignment of company, government and community interests|
|2:45 p.m.||Developing effective issue management strategies at home|
|4:30 p.m.||What’s next and Closure|